The Foundation’s seminal work is the creation of the Blueprint for Effective Drug Policy to guide our education and advocacy efforts. This will be a foundational guide for our work, providing a strategy document for lawmakers and their staff, policymakers, and programs with strategies and best practices.
Currently, the Blueprint’s committees are set up with 5-10 subject matter experts, on the following issues: Prevention, Intervention and Treatment, Recovery Support, Criminal Justice, International Cooperation, and Equity/Social Determinants of Health.
These committees meet regularly to map the landscape, prioritize content, and provide recommendations for the Blueprint.
The Blueprint is:
- Assembling a team of experts with rich backgrounds in research and public policy, as well as those who have lived experience
- Grounded in pillars that recognize the importance of a comprehensive approach to drug policy
- Following a rigorous process that will map the drug policy landscape and devise solutions
- Appealing to an audience of legislators, policymakers, practitioners, communities, and stakeholders, in addition to concerned members of the general public
- Aiming to be published in Fall 2024
- Blueprint members include: Ben Tucker, Karen Tandy, Michele Leonhardt, Howard Koh, Jon Caulkins, Keith Humphreys, Rep. Lauren Davis, Joel Johnson, Mike Marshall, Teresa Haley, Mack Jenkins, Sion Harris, Jan Brown and more!